Translate

Search This Blog

Sunday, July 19, 2009

The words of Jesus

In the book of John, Jesus says:

John 14:10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works.

The key focus in this text is when Jesus says: "The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority." We could probably read all that Jesus said in about 2 or 3 hours, or perhaps maybe even quicker depending on how fast we read. If you have one of those Bibles which has His words highlighted in red, it is even easier to read them. I believe that in order to get closer to God we need to focus greatly and deligently on any word or words which Jesus spoke. The four gospels have the largest percentage of Jesus's words. I believe that we need to inscribe these words in our hearts and minds beacuse they focus on Gods will for this planet. When Jesus taught us how to pray he said In Mathew :

Mathew 6:10 Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

In closing, this entire creation is about God's plan.... We need to fall into His plan, He does not fall into our plan no matter how hard you wish to pray to have it changed. Therefore, as Jesus said: "The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority."If we want to hear God's voice then we should start by reading Jesus's words. After all, we are called Christians when we deny ourselves as Jesus said in Mathew:

Mathew 16:24 Then Jesus told his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.

Moreover, we have to let our light shine, and our light is Jesus...the light of the world who stepped down into darkness, and opened our eyes to let us see.

Mathew 5:16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.

Reference:

ESV Bible

No comments: